European bee-eaters (Merops apiaster) arrive to Portugal during spring. I enjoy observing these beautiful birds flying over the Ribatejo fields. These bee-eaters are full of colours resembling the spectrum of light when flying. Often it is possible one to observe their nests at the hillsides. It’s such a great pleasure to watch them so I just tried to capture their beauty.
Bee eaters are indeed beautiful birds, known for their vibrant plumage and graceful flight. They have inspired artists throughout history to portray their grace in art such as paintings, drawings, and sculptures. From detailed scientific drawings to impressionistic art, bee eaters have been admired in art for their striking appearance and unique behaviours, like their flying skills and way of feeding. Artists emphasize the vibrant feathers and slender bills of birds to capture their beauty.
- Limited Edition Print, numbered and signed by the hand of the artist.
- Print has an embossed seal of Vera Guedes.
- Printed on natural white 270gr paper.
- Archival Pigment Print (Giclée Fine Art Printing).
- Sizes available: A4 (210 x 297mm) and A3 (297 x 420 mm).
- Edition size: each print size, A4 and A3, will be limited to a series of 50 prints each.
- Prints are shown in frames for display purpose only. All prints are sold without frame.
- Images of prints in this website have a watermark for display purpose only.
- Packing fine art prints for shipping is made on cardboard tubes together with a layer of an acid-free soft paper.
- Delivery time: usually dispatched within 10 working days.